ZinCo Systems for Extensive and Intensive Landscaped Roofs
Each layer of a ZinCo Green Roof build-up compensates with the necessary functions which are otherwise lost with the missing ground. A durable plant coverage is guaranteed:
- 1. Root Barrier
- Protects the waterproofing of the roof from penetration by plant roots.
- 2. Moisture Retention / Protection Mat
- Protects the root barrier from mechanical damage, as well as retaining water and nutrients.
- 3. Drainage Layer
- Retains rainwater in troughs on the upperside, whilst the surplus water is safely drained away. Necessary ventilation to the root area is also guaranteed.
- 4. Filter Sheet
- Prevents fine particles from being washed out of the substrate soil, thereby ensuring the efficiency of the drainage layer.
- 5. Growing Layer
- Consists of ZinCo System Substrate, the perfect growing medium. It suits the needs of the green roof vegetation and provides for a stable growing environment.
- 6. Plant Level
- Drought-resistant and robust plants like sedum-species up to demanding shrubs, bushes and even trees.